Saturday 18 June 2016

Frosty Wreath

A Christmas card in contemporary colours today, using my Spellbinders Build a Wreath die, which I haven't used for quite a while.  I decided against cutting it in traditional green and went for frosty white with plenty of shimmer instead.
 As mentioned before, the wreath and bow were cut with Spellbinders Build a Wreath dies; I used off white pearl card for the wreath and, once assembled, gave it a spritz of iridescent Spray and Sparkle before adding the bow and decorating it with some Star Dust Stickles to make it look like fancy edged wired ribbon.  I then embellished the wreath with an assortment of gems and pearls.
I used white Stardust card for the background, embossing it with an Embossalicious Christmas embossing folder, instead of using pattered paper.  The large pink circle was cut with a Grand Spellbinder die and the corner elements were cut with a Marianne die.
The final touch was to add a border of Liquid Pearls to the pink edges and to the fancy circle.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Simply Papercraft - #31 - Anything Goes
That's Crafty - In The Pink
Winter Wonderland - Add Some Sparkle
CRAFT - #368 - Christmas
Crafting By Designs - Get Ready For Christmas
Crafting With Friends - #23 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design love it
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the comtemporary feel and your colour choice.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT this week. Jean DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning classy card its beautiful Thanks for playing Crafting by Designs Challenge love and hugs Carole x Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy this card is beautiful and in non traditional colours. Gorgeous.
    Glad you Joined in the fun at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite color for Christmas cards, pink!!! This one is adorable and I love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve done a great job here and created a very pretty, girly card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Simply Papercraft

    Sharon (Glittertastic)
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Wendy. I love the pink and white and the added sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Wendy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.